If you have a need
for collaborative consultation, mentoring or skills training that addresses specific targeted challenges in collaborative practice, you may be interested in customized sessions that I am offering via telephone or video conference.
This is a convenient and cost-effective way for individuals and small or medium size groups to enhance the effectiveness of their collaborative services to clients. These sessions can also address challenges within practice groups, in order to make them more functional, more vibrant, and more useful to members.
The sessions can be 30 or 60 minutes in length for groups, and as brief as 15 minutes for individuals. Telephone sessions can be scheduled at short notice, subject to calendar availability. Desktop video conference sessions require two weeks’ notice. One month advance notice required for more elaborate video conferencing requests.
Illustrative topics for sessions include:
- Case-specific mentoring for collaborative lawyers and/or interdisciplinary collaborative team members regarding cases that are in trouble, whether because of difficult clients, or difficult issues, or difficulties between or among the collaborative professionals.
- Consultation with individual practitioners on case-specific issues, as above.
- Consultation with individuals or small groups on how to get a collaborative practice group started in a community.
- Consultation with individuals or small groups in how to improve visibility of collaborative practice in the community.
- Consultation with practice groups on dealing with difficult members.
- Consultation with practice groups on protocols and quality of services to clients.
- Consultation with practice groups on developing a coherent and consistent core message about collaborative divorce services to clients.
- Consultation with practice groups about strategic planning to set and achieve public education goals
- Mini trainings on specific practice issues such as:
. Developing effective process anchors and front-end commitments with clients at early stages of collaborative case
. Managing client expectations regarding how quickly and in what sequence substantive issues will be addressed
. Educating clients effectively about honoring the roadmap and sequence of the collaborative process
. Recognizing potential problem early—and strategies for handling them
. Protocols for screening clients
. Helping clients move from global values to specific goals
. Effective use of private consultations and second opinions in collaborative practice
. Working with the “more law, not less” concept
. Techniques for handling -and avoiding apparent impasse
. Practicum in brainstorming technique
. And many more……
Costs and Financial Terms:
My fee (whether for mentoring, consulting, or training) is my customary hourly rate charged to my clients, to be paid via credit card at the time of scheduling the session. This is a flat fee, that can be shared at your end among any number of participants.
My fees will discounted by 15% for packages of 5 or more sessions of equal length that are prepaid before December 31, 2007. (The sessions can take place at any time in 2007 or 2008 but must be prepaid and calendared by December 31.) In the event of cancellation after the first session, there will be a cancellation fee equal to the amount of the discount for already-completed sessions.
Telephone conferences and simple desktop video conferencing require no additional costs to be paid. More sophisticated video conferencing fees vary according to specific requirements of the group, and according to the fees charged by my local video conferencing facility.
For more information contact Pauline H. Tesler, email@example.com
Or call 415-383-5600